Friday, February 17, 2012

Poem: A Little Old Dream That Still Means a Lot

A Little Old Dream That Still Means a Lot

I remember like it was yesterday, not a year ago;
Just was thinking to myself
‘Things ain’t ever gunna be the same when this year is over.’
Had told myself I wouldn’t forget you,
Made a promise never to turn back around
And wait at the end of a never ending tunnel for the light that never could be reached…

But when I realized that you were there all along in my dreams,
A moment never passed when that light could not be reached.
I felt a warm embrace each night that ensued
And with every wandering reverie,
I thought that you were meant for me.
To have the truth be told I never want let this feeling go.
I’m not sure how to make you believe it,
But I see it those bright blue eyes,
When you fall asleep with me at night, thinking that it feels right.

This might be corny and a little beaten over the head…
I don’t have much more to say,
Other than this…
You’re perfect in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment